Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Communication Breakdown

So, I had a presentation yesterday evening that didn't go as well as it could have. Just as I began to talk I became very nervous, and consequently abandoned the sequence of my speech. I managed to recover after a couple of minutes, and apparantly aside from the shaky start, the paper was well received. I think the pretty PowerPoint slides I used impressed them. However, I'm a little ashamed about having been so nervous. After all, I presented a paper for a conference at King's College London last month, and I wasn't nervous about that at all, even though that was a more intimidating venue. Ultimately, I just wasn't as fully prepared as I could have been. That will not be the case for the conference in Iceland. The conference organiser requires all papers to be submitted beforehand. So, I've got to finish writing my paper, the travel grant application, the book review, and the other paper I owe to that editor.

No comments: